Google Pixel Wifi Issues
Gadgetman79

I have a google pixel which when it first came out, was able to connect to the 2.4ghz network no problem. But recently because of a stupid update, it is now defaulting to the 5ghz network which is no longer allowing me to connect to my smarthome products. Is there a way to fix it so it will work again with the 2.4 ghz/IPv4?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Google Pixel Wifi Issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz SSID named the same? My Pixel connects to both of my home Wi-Fi networks and flips between them regularly. However I can tell which network is the active one and it doesn't affect my connection to my 2.4 GHz only devices like controlling my Chromecast.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JEFEST63

Both our daughter and my Pixel drop home wifi frequently.  This happened on our daughters phone at home and at Texas where she is going to college.

In addition her phone showed 1GB data usage yet My VZ online and our surprise bill showed 15GB of days usage.

The VZ completely misreoresented the promotion and failed to update our monthly allowance.  Moreiver when she took the phone to a VZW store to get help they offered nothing.  Online ga e info for a health check based on an older version of the site and cannot be used.

This phone has design issues as it continuously drops our home connection and looks for others. Sometimes when I attempt to manually select the home network it is not even listed as a choice.  This mainly occurs when you are not right near the router.  However we did not have this issue with other phones.  I believe the antennae/receiver is too weak plus the silly feature of continuouslyooking for the strongest signal is flaweex as it needs to provide the option to select or dismiss as opposed to doing automatically.  Even when I turned the feature off it still does this.

Choosing Pixel was a mistake. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gadgetman79,

We understand the convenience of being able to utilize your smart home products via your cellular device. We want to make sure you are still able to connect to your smart products. Which home products are you trying to connect to? How long has this been going on? Are you usually connected to Wi-Fi or data?

Tabitha_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Gadgetman79

Trying to connect to my smartswitches, nest,chromecasts, and google

home.Been a couple weeks now. Usually connected to wifi when home. Was able

to connect before and even all my other devices: 2 laptops, a chromebook

and an android tablet connect to my 2.4ghz network just fine. Being sent a

replacement phone which hopefully will fix my issue.

On Jul 29, 2017 1:31 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JEFEST63,

Making sure that both of your phones stay connected to wifi is super important. I’m sorry that you’ve been having this problem. I’m also concerned with how your data is showing one thing & then you’re saying it shows something different in another area of your account. I’m going to send you a Private Message so that I can gather much-needed information to assist you. Please respond to me in the Private Message to continue. Thanks!

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gadgetman79,

Being able to connect to your network is a must. Please keep us in the loop once you've tested with the new device. We want to ensure we see this through.

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes