Re: Google Pixel XL 128 GB Ship Date Now March 10 - 4 months wait
Buckeye_45
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nothing against you Syrinx, but this is the stuff that makes me mad. I placed my order on the 25th, also for 2 phones, and mine still says preorder. I might as well ask a wall what's going on, it'll give me the same answer as Verizon.

0 Likes
das3k
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have read there's no obvious rhyme or reason to how Verizon selects who is getting phones when. I ordered mine 11/24 and I haven't received any updated info.

0 Likes
Buckeye_45
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a cs rep tell me that they would be filled in the order they were received. That's the infuriating thing. They tell you one thing then do another

0 Likes
Syrinx
Enthusiast - Level 3

Buckeye, it's almost 5 PM local time, and gasp my 2 orders are still just orders with the message, "Your order is being processed". The only movement I saw from yesterday to today is that they went from preorder to order.  I am hopeful that by close of business I will have a tracking number, but not holding my breath.  What about you or anyone on this thread? Does anyone have good news to report?

0 Likes
Buckeye_45
Enthusiast - Level 3

No change here. Mine still says preorder.  The way it was explained to me is it can be up to 5pm Pacific time before they ship, so figure out the time difference for yourself and you might have to wait that late for it to ship out.

0 Likes
Syrinx
Enthusiast - Level 3

Buckeye, this might be encourage for those of us who ordered during the Black Friday period, of which mine was 11/26. When I went to the Pixel page on verizonwireless.com as if I were going to add a Pixel XL, Silver 128 gb to my cart, under the big red "Next Step" button it reads in red text ships by 03/03/2017. My take is that is what they are saying for new orders processed today.  What's confusing is I ordered on 11/26 and got the email on 1/6 (my original ship date) that I have to wait til 3/3.  It's utterly confusing as all [Removed], but I'm remain hopeful that it's a goofy IT thing.  I'm still holding out hope that I will have a tracking # today by 5 PM PST which is in less than 1 hour.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Syrinx
Enthusiast - Level 3

To my point, if new orders are 3/3/17 then folks who ordered 5 weeks ago, back in November should be receiving their phones, providing that Google is making them available. I really find it hard to believe that Verizon is to blame. I put all of the supply issues on Google's back.

0 Likes
Buckeye_45
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I got my email on the 6th it had 2 different shipping dates, the 3rd and 10th of March (I ordered 2 phones ).  What I was told was the Silver is expected on the 3rd and the Black on the 10th. I hope you get your tracking number, both for yourself and for me, because I will certainly be holding Verizon to the fire if somebody ordered a day after me and then gets theirs first. Especially after they told me orders will be filled in the order in which they were received. I've also spoken to a Google rep who told me that Verizon should have never given the January shipping date to begin with. My understanding is Verizon was told mid December that they would be later than that. Why the info wasn't passed on right away we'll never know.

0 Likes
Buckeye_45
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've also seen on here and reddit that people have been getting tracking numbers with the first phones being delivered as early as tomorrow but every time I ask Verizon about it they just spew the same info I got in the email.

Syrinx
Enthusiast - Level 3

No tracking numbers today. Perhaps tomorrow.

0 Likes