Re: Google RCS on Pixel 2 XL
Orion6284
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have performed the task and still the same problem.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for working through this with us. Let's get a few more details. Has there been any change with your messaging issue?

JenelleW_VZW

0 Likes
Orion6284
Enthusiast - Level 2

There has not.  Unfortunately I have been unable to complete the setup of Chat Features.  I worked when I was with Sprint, but has stopped working with Verizon.

I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps with Google again.  I spoke with Google Support and they have stated to contact the carrier.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. Where was the device purchased at?

RobertH_VZW

0 Likes
Orion6284
Enthusiast - Level 2

Google Play Store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

At this time, Advanced Messaging (RCS) is only available through our service on Galaxy s9/S9+. Please see this link for more details: https://www.verizon.com/support/advanced-messaging-faqs/ .

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Orion6284
Enthusiast - Level 2

It started working yesterday.  I uninstalled the Carrier Services application, clearing the storage in Messages, then restarting the phone.  I reinstalled Carrier Services and went into the app to enable chat features.  About 30 minutes later I checked and it was connected.

I dont believe the statement about Galaxy S9 is correct.  There are a lot of people that have reported other devices that work with Chat Features (RCS) working on Verizon's network.

In this instance I am not sure if it was something Google or Jibe did to enable it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the feedback Orion6284. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with. 

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes