Group messaging problems with Pixel?
marijr

Is anyone else having group messaging problems with Pixel? Regardless of what messaging app I use (3rd party or Google preloaded), responses to group messages don't download automatically (neither texts nor pictures) and are received as individual messages rather than part of a group. Sometimes the messages will download manual instantly, but other times it's taken hours. Verizon and Google tech support didn't offer much help resolving the problem (all settings are correct, tried reboot, etc...)

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Group messaging problems with Pixel?
GRAYSTONE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem when I visited a roaming area. It continued when I got back to LTE and it was a pain!

In Messages -> settings - > advanced settings -> make sure Auto-download MMS is turned on. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have a cellular or wifi connection when this happens? Other than the Verizon Messages+ application, you will need an active 4G or 3G cellular connection to download any MMS messages from the picture or group messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GRAYSTONE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem when I visited a roaming area. It continued when I got back to LTE and it was a pain!

In Messages -> settings - > advanced settings -> make sure Auto-download MMS is turned on. 

0 Likes
IncredibleKim
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is already turned on and I am still having this issue. When I try to send an email in a group text I get an error stating "message not sent, invalid destination address". I know both phone numbers in the group are correct and I can send messages to both of them individually. #pixel7pro

kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Incredible Kim! We understand how important is to get your device working at all times. To further assist you, I will be sending you a PM, so we can check this together and find out the best resolution.

>Ken

0 Likes