Re: How do I force wifi preferred for wifi calling?
rkricketts
Enthusiast - Level 1

Of course, I'm having the same problem (iPhone 7). Verizon cellular signal is too weak to actually use, but *just* strong enough to make my phone use it instead of wi-fi calling, unless I use airplane mode. What a pain.

Am I'm thinking the Community Manager that keeps repeating the same, useless advice is just a chat bot.

Other carriers are far less hostile to wi-fi calling so I'll be investigating them.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would hate to see you leave the Verizon family. It's definitely worrying to see you're unable to take advantage of Wi-Fi Calling unless your device is set to Airplane Mode. It's also worrying to see that you're experiencing poor signal on your iPhone 7. We are here to help. Could you please provide us with your nearest intersection and city? What services are being impacted?
We would like to ask you to please reset all settings on your device and try adjusting Wi-Fi Calling to your preference. The following link will guide you through this process. http://spr.ly/6601EImeZ;

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
amalka
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same problem and situation. Wifi calling used to work at the hospital and house up until about a month ago. Definitely needs to be fixed it I'm going with ATT..

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value you as a customer, and would never want to lose you. Wi-Fi calling is essential to your wireless experience, and we sincerely want to help. To gain clarity, what is the make and model of your device? To better assist you, please tell us more. When you attempt to turn on Wi-Fi calling, and place a call, what error message to you hear/see? 

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
Josparky72
Enthusiast - Level 1

Stop the Stupid we value you replys Verizion AND JUST FIX THE PROBLEM! I can't set mine to prefered wi-fi either. This is just rediculus and your replys are STUPID.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

In order for us to assist you in the best way possible, we need more information. This is why we asked the questions as indicated above. To assist you efficiently, please provide the make and model of your device. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Jeffersonc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have same issues on HTC 10. 1 bar at my house but not enough to have a conversation. As long as I have 1 bar wifi calling won't kick in. Airplane mode does not work for me because I forget to change back when I leave my house. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your HTC device and using WiFi calling. Do you have the same issue with other WiFi networks? When did this issue start?   JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
kb8pgc
Enthusiast - Level 1

To be clear for all the ridiculous customer service responses and requests for equipment models this is a problem with ALL phones on your network. ALL phones with 1 bar service will still default to the mobile network and drop calls constantly instead of using a solid wi-fi connection and wi-fi calling to facilitate the call. THE DEVICE TYPE HAS NO BEARING ON THIS TOPIC, the removal of the option to go wi-fi calling prefered instead of the mobile network is the problem and VERIZON IS THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM FOR REMOVING THIS OPTION.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We understand the importance of using your device as you preferred. Our goal is to help you with everything in our hands. The reason we ask the model is to give instructions and options according to your device. Keep us posted. 

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes