How do I reformat the voicemail number on my phone?
stockka
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon website says:

"Is there a way to access my Voice Mail messages without having to enter my password each time?

Yes, you can reformat the Voice Mail number on your phone to automatically include two pauses and your password. Once you’ve made this change, you won’t have to enter your password to listen to your Voice Mail messages."

But it doesn't say how to do reformat the number and I can't find instructions on the site. My phone is a Google Pixel.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I reformat the voicemail number on my phone?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to your contact that is called Voicemail.  If that is not editable, then create a new contact called Voice Mail - enter your 10-digit phone number (area code, then #), two commas (or perhaps PP), then your 4 digit password.  Save the contact, and set it up with a speed dial or shortcut to use when you want to dial in to your voicemail.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to your contact that is called Voicemail.  If that is not editable, then create a new contact called Voice Mail - enter your 10-digit phone number (area code, then #), two commas (or perhaps PP), then your 4 digit password.  Save the contact, and set it up with a speed dial or shortcut to use when you want to dial in to your voicemail.

0 Likes
stockka
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tried that and it still asked for my password. Here are the configurations

I tried, without revealing my actual number and password:

my ten digit number,,****

my ten digit number,,,****

my ten digit number;;****

my ten digit number;;*****#

my ten digit number,,****#

Thanks for your help. I am not a frequent (or secretive) voicemail user so

this would prevent me having to leave the phone and go look up my password

each time, having forgotten between uses.

K

In all cases

0 Likes
stockka
Enthusiast - Level 1

FYI, when I did this:

my ten digit number;****# (that is with a semi-colon, the "wait" symbol)

...the call goes through and I'm offered this option: "Do you want to send

the following tones? ****# yes no"

If I click yes, my voicemail responds.

0 Likes
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I really appreciate all your efforts, stockka. Keep in mind that when you have the phone set for the pauses (the comma or semicolon) the voice mail is still going to ask for the password but if you pause along with your phone the next digits  will go through. For the short moments needed between when your phone dials voice mail and connect until after the password is requested, the best combination would be your ten-digit number,PIN#  . With multiple commas the phone is waiting up to 10 seconds which can feel like a lifetime when you’re checking your voice mail.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stockka
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, I can't remember if I tried that or not. I will give it a try

thank you so much for responding

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I programmed this with my first smartphone and yes, you still have to wait for the messages to play.

Nuisance.

I use the (now free) visual voicemail option.  Bypasses the need for password and plays the message I want.

0 Likes