Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,260 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
How do I set a custom notification sound on the Pixel XL?
HARLOCK52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't find where I can customize my own notification sound bytes. I've gone into the phone settings, I've gone into Message+ settings, and I've gone into my Google account settings, and each one only has a set of default options for notification sounds, with no way to pick your own notification sounds, or even add new ones. Thanks for any help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I set a custom notification sound on the Pixel XL?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

In order to add custom tone sounds you first need the sound you want as an MP3 file on your phone. You will then need to go to settings, sound, device ringtone and tap the add button to launch the media manager app. This should display a full list of music files stored on your device that you can choose from.

0 Likes
Re: How do I set a custom notification sound on the Pixel XL?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it is important to know the features available for your device, and we want to give you the correct information. On your Pixel XL you can edit the notification sound, now this sound will be the same for all the notifications. To edit this sound you will need to go under settings>sound>notification>default notification sound.

Paloma_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes