How do i use my phone as a hot spot for ipad and does that cost extra or just uses my data on my plan?
IMACARBUFF
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I use my phone (Google Pixel 3) as a hot spot for an iPad --and does that cost extra or just uses my data already on my plan?

Thanks. We have 3 Win/10 desktops, 1 laptop, and they are all wired. No WiFi here. Help, please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do i use my phone as a hot spot for ipad and does that cost extra or just uses my data on my plan?
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

Does your current plan support WiFi hotspot?  Not all plans do.  If your plan supports WiFi hotspot then turn it on in Settings > Network & Internet > Hotspot & Tethering > then follow the on screen prompts to connect your other devices.  Hotspot data is normally a separate part of your plan, 15GB a month, 25GB a month, etc.  Whatever you pay for in your monthly plan.  You can see that in your Verizon account online or in the My Verizon app.

0 Likes
How do I use my phone as a hot spot?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Imacarbuff I certainly understand the need for a hotspot. Most plans come with Mobile Hotspot allowance but it does depend on your plan. What is the name of the plan you currently have? You can view other options here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/

DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes