I Pre-Ordered the Pixel XL 2 128 Black, Deja Vu, wondering if I am about to see the same delays I experienced last year?
GRMPYG33K
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pre-Ordered the Pixel XL 2 128 Black, I am now wondering if I am going to have the same shipping experience I had with the original Pixel XL 128 Black since the delivery date appears to have gone from the 19th to the 25th?  Last year I pre-ordered the Pixel XL 128 Black.  I eventually gave up and ordered the Pixel Black 128 because of all the delays.  I later ordered the LG Sport Watch, this was canceled.  I bought it directly from Google and do not have the data service connected.  So given the track record I have had with Verizon, it is with great apprehension that I start down the all familiar path of Pre-Ordering the Pixel XL 128 Black.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I Pre-Ordered the Pixel XL 2 128 Black, Deja Vu, wondering if I am about to see the same delays I experienced last year?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The hazards of a pre-order. That's why I usually wait a while before order a new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I Pre-Ordered the Pixel XL 2 128 Black, Deja Vu, wondering if I am about to see the same delays I experienced last year?
GRMPYG33K
Enthusiast - Level 2

I say the same thing every year.....  And yet, here I am again.  Maybe Lucy will not pull the football this time? LOL

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't recall, did Charlie even get to kick the ball?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Tidbits
Legend

GRMPYG33K wrote:

I say the same thing every year..... And yet, here I am again. Maybe Lucy will not pull the football this time? LOL

The problem is since Google has inventory and doesn't really tell how much they are handing out per cycle and how their production times are going Verizon has to go by estimates.  Those estimates change almost daily.  Last year HTC has a doozy keeping up with Production of their own phones and phones made for Google. XL being made by LG should help out, but even then I am skeptical they are going to be making a lot less than people speculate since they still produce the G6, V20, and came out with the V30.  Oh can't forget the mid range and low end phones "upgrades" they announced as well.

Hoping there is a more consistent timeline for deliveries this time around however.

Tidbits
Legend

Wanted to add something when thinking about.  The XL has different release dates as it seems more popular.  Even Google has the date pushed out as far as December for some people.  I got the basic one as I prefer smaller handsets.  I am set to get it within the week.

0 Likes