I am returning Pixel 2 XL SCREEN TURNS BLUE
JKPMOBI

Not happy with my Pixel 2 XL. I wanted a nice display but, it is very dull and turns blue when tilted. Even a 10 or 15 degree tilt changes the color. This is not what I expected and I am very disappointed. I consider this a manufacturing defect and do not expect to have to pay the $35 restock fee. I have been a Verizon customer for may years but, I may switch to AT&T if you charge a re-stock fee for this defective device.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I am returning Pixel 2 XL SCREEN TURNS BLUE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JKPMOBI, we are very sorry to hear that the new phone did not meet your expectations. Has there been any physical or liquid damage to the phone? When going to the Settings, Display, Advanced, is Vivid Colors on or off?

Verizon_Customer_Serivce

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the *Correct Answer* button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apparently it might be a display problem and a manufacturing defect and there may be other issues with the display itself. Two-week-old Pixel 2 XL displays are already showing burn-in | Ars Technica

Contact Google directly to see what your options are for a warranty repair or replacement.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mnowak1228
Enthusiast - Level 1

Google is aware and will take care of the issue. Apparently any phones shipped on 10/23/17 and after should be free from this issue.

0 Likes
JKPMOBI

Hi Verizon,

There was no damage to the phone and I tried the Vivid settings and didn't notice much difference. I reset it before shipping back according to the instructions. Hopefuly the newer Pixel 2 XL screens are better but, they are all of the same type and manufacture. I still would like to get a refund on this purchase and then decide what to do for an upgrade.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could only get a refund if you are within the return policy period. After that, you have to work with the warranty options.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JKPMOBI

Hi Ann154, The return was within the 14 day window so there shouldn't be any problem

0 Likes