I can't receive group MMS texts from T Mobile users.
State_of_mind
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't receive group messages from T-Mobile users. Is anyone else experiencing this or do you know of a solution? I've switched my sim card to another device, and the issue still remains.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can't receive group MMS texts from T Mobile users.
State_of_mind
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I may have figured it out. Try updating the Factory Image file to match your provider. My P6P was purchased through the Google Store, and is factory unlocked. Before I switched to Verizon, I was a T-Mobile customer, and when I updated my device, I used the Factory Zip carrier variant that matched my provider. For example, now that I am a Verizon customer, I updated my device to this specific Factory Zip "12.1.0 (SQ3A.220705.003.A1, Jul 2022, Verizon, Verizon MVNOs)." LMK if this works for you. Below is a link to the stock Factory Images.

TL;DR: When you update your device, select the update optimized for your current carrier. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn you are having issues with MMS and I thank you for reaching out here on this platform. Can you tell us if you are able to reach MMS from other cellular companies? -Dolores

State_of_mind
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes

0 Likes
Vikert
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I are experiencing the exact same issue.  We have a group chat with several people and the only ones we cannot receive mms messages from are t-mobile users.  We can recieve individual messages from them however.  The other verizon users are fine.

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, VIkert. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing these troubles. We'll be happy to look into this matter with you. Do you know what make & model phones those users have? Also, do you know if you are currently using RCS on your phones?

- Henry

Vikert
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our fiends are using an LG v40 Thinq and a One Plus 9.

I don't specifically recall and RCS setting, but I have tried every combination of setting I can find.  I've also reset my settings and cleared cache as well.  I was was talking Verizon tech support yesterday for 3 hours to no avail.

0 Likes
State_of_mind
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on a Pixel 6 Pro device, and RCS is enabled.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us on Social Media! How long has this issue been occurring?

*Angela

0 Likes
State_of_mind
Enthusiast - Level 2

A month. It started when I switched from t mobile to Verizon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, Vikert - did you ask your friend if they have any blocks on their lines, just to make sure the issue isn't with your device? Also, did the technician check your line for the same possibility yet (that you know of)? To continue this investigation, please send us a Private Note, okay?

*Stephannie

0 Likes