Re: I can't receive group MMS texts from T Mobile users.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is vital to receive all the group messages to keep you up to speed with the group, State_of_mind. We found this article http://spr.ly/6606zcpfu which suggests two possible solutions. Please try the steps recommended and let us know how it goes.

-George

0 Likes
State_of_mind
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately this does not work

0 Likes
State_of_mind
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I may have figured it out. Try updating the Factory Image file to match your provider. My P6P was purchased through the Google Store, and is factory unlocked. Before I switched to Verizon, I was a T-Mobile customer, and when I updated my device, I used the Factory Zip carrier variant that matched my provider. For example, now that I am a Verizon customer, I updated my device to this specific Factory Zip "12.1.0 (SQ3A.220705.003.A1, Jul 2022, Verizon, Verizon MVNOs)." LMK if this works for you. Below is a link to the stock Factory Images.

TL;DR: When you update your device, select the update optimized for your current carrier. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on getting to the bottom of the messaging issue! Can you let us know if you are still experiencing any issues? We are eager to help make sure you can receive messages from all sources.

-Gina

0 Likes