I cannot use apps or surf the web while on a phone call with my Pixel. Worked great for a year and a half, now it does not.
mm12sutton

I have Pixel with Andriod 8.1.0 installed.  Since the update, I am unable to use an app or surf the web while on a phone call.  I have had the phone since November 2016 and it has worked fine up to about a month ago.  Is this a Verizon issue or a phone issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I cannot use apps or surf the web while on a phone call with my Pixel.  Worked great for a year and a half, now it does not.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you check to verify the HD voice is still enabled on the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I cannot use apps or surf the web while on a phone call with my Pixel.  Worked great for a year and a half, now it does not.
mm12sutton

Yes it is, Advanced Calling is on.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes turning the feature off and then back on again can help.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I cannot use apps or surf the web while on a phone call with my Pixel. Worked great for a year and a half, now it does not.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mm12sutton, I can certainly understand the importance of being able to simultaneously use applications and surf the web while on a phone call. As Ann154 mentioned, it is crucial to have HD calling enabled. Do you only have trouble with this issue when connected to Wi-Fi or the cellular network? Does this issue happen in one area or everywhere you utilize your device?

KevinM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes