I haven't had any kind of update or patch for my Google Pixel XL since I got it in January. Am I missing something?
sbclose678
Enthusiast - Level 1

I understand there's a new "unfreeze" patch that just came out today.  And, I also understand there was an update in April.  I've tried updating my phone, going to settings, about phone, update and nothing ever happens.  Also, when do we get the latest Nougat version?

What's up?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I haven't had any kind of update or patch for my Google Pixel XL since I got it in January. Am I missing something?
sdbroker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem last month, ended up switching simm card with another provider, got the updates and switched the card back to Verizon.  I didn't purchase my phone from Verizon, not sure if that has something to do with it.  You should be getting the update monthly around the 6th.  Version 7.1.2 is what you should have

0 Likes
Re: I haven't had any kind of update or patch for my Google Pixel XL since I got it in January. Am I missing something?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sbclose678-

Software updates are always so exciting. I definitely want to make sure that your phone is up to date. I am showing there was a recent update released on 06/05 of this year. To confirm, are you still not receiving the update your phone? Have you attempted to check for an update using wifi and the mobile network? If not, please disable wifi and check to see if there's an update using your mobile data (you can then re-connect to wifi to download the software). I will eagerly be standing by.

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes