Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I need to erase a pixel with a broken inoperable screen.
nwsoftball

Find My Device from Google can't locate the device.  The device is on and rings.  I have no way of knowing if it is connecting to wifi.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I need to erase a pixel with a broken inoperable screen.
Ann154
Expert
Expert

If Google can't find the device, can it still remotely wipe it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh goodness, nwsoftball, I am terribly sorry your Pixel is not usable. Does anything show on the display or is it blank?

I understand your concern about removing your content from the device. There are 2 ways to complete a factory reset: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-208003/  Both ways do require screen use for selections, there is no alternative that we technically support. Have you checked into getting the screen fixed?

GinaU_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ann154,

Knowing if your device can be wiped can provide peace of mind. Rest assured, Google can remotely wipe. Here's a link with the steps: http://spr.ly/6582DUoH0

Kati_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes