Is it possible to reset Pixel back to 7.1 from 7.1.1
MATTMCC1987

Is there a way to revert back to 7.1 after installing 7.1.1? I am [Removed] Verizon patched unlocking the bootloader. The Pixel XL 128gb is a great phone, except it lacks Miracast. It can be turned on via build.prop  if the device is rooted or at least the bootloader unlocked, a custom recovery installed (this can be done without rooting if bootloader unlocked), mounting system, adding persist.debug.wfd.enable=1 and then pushing build.prop back.

I did not realize Verizon was like this. I may be going back to Sprint or another carrier who does not lock their devices down so much. I do not want to root, I just want to be able to use Miracast as it is a standard and Google is turning into Apple by forcing us to use Chromecast instead.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is it possible to reset Pixel back to 7.1 from 7.1.1
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't revert to the previous version of the OS. Besides any discussion of any unofficial software modifications aren't allowed or encouraged on this community forum if you had read the Terms of Service for this community forum when you accepted them as part of the registration process here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't revert to the previous version of the OS. Besides any discussion of any unofficial software modifications aren't allowed or encouraged on this community forum if you had read the Terms of Service for this community forum when you accepted them as part of the registration process here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MATTMCC1987

I apologize for adding the modification section. It is just frustrating not being able to use a device you buy the way you want to use it. I would edit the post and take it out, but I guess editing is not allowed in these forums either.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a five minute edit window for posts on the community.

0 Likes