Is this really the total coverage?
Enloe11

I apologise if I am in the wrong thread, but I have a pixel 2 xl. Just today the bottom of my screen got cracked. We have the total insurance plan so I started a claim to get my phone fixed. Long story short, there is not a single person in the entire US that I can physically take my phone to to get it fixed. I have to mail it in for $30 and be without my phone for "3-5 days". After an extended convos with asurion that was the conclusion that was come to. This has got to be a joke. Really? No one can fix my phone without it being mailed in? I hope that no one else is running into the same situation because this is absurd .

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Is this really the total coverage?
Enloe11

To add to this, the only reason why I cannot take my phone in, is because of my billing ZIP. They could have a place right next door and I cannot take it in because the "walk-in" option isn't available where I live. How insane is that?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Yeah that's really good coverage actually. Authorized screen repair for the Pixel 2 XL would run $219.99-

uBreakiFix - Google Pixel 2 XL Glass & LCD Replacement

0 Likes
Enloe11

You missed the entire purpose for my post if you're saying it's good because I don't have to pay $220..

0 Likes
Coredumpster
Enthusiast - Level 1

uBreakiFix is who Asurion uses to repair screens on iPhones, as they just fixed my wife's iPhone screen under the VZ Total Protection Plan.  I have the Pixel 2 XL, and despite the fact that the exact same place that they use to fix iPhones can fix the Pixel 2 XL, they claim there is either a shortage of parts or available appointments in my area ( Chicago, so not exactly a small market!!!! ), my only option is to send it away by mail for 3+ days.

This protection plan is a rip-off, and by the time I add the 2 years of premiums that I'll pay, plus the deductible, I would have been better off not getting the plan and just paying cash for the screen fix.  It would cost less, and it would be done the same day.

The current disclaimers and push by VZ to sell this plan on devices they can / should know are NOT COVERED by the same day repair amounts to false advertising in my book.

0 Likes