Manufacture Warranty
USANG1221

Hello,

When there is a manufacture warranty I thought I would receive a Brand New device not a CLNR. I know CLNR means Certified Like New Replacement which is what I expected for a damaged device but my device was a software issue. Could you please clarify for me. I will hold off on activating the new device until i hear back.

Thank you,

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Manufacture Warranty
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying our warranty program, Ann154. USANG1221, as an alternate option of going through the manufacturer and potentially being without a phone while yours is repaired, our warranty program provides a replacement right away. Certified like new replacements do go through multiple tests to ensure they are in working order. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/certified-like-new-replacements/  Have you had a chance to activate the replacement since your original message?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you went through Google directly, you might have gotten a new replacement. Any warranty replacement through Verizon Wireless will always be a CLNR unless the device is so new they don't have any CLNR devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

apexi055
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have also had issues with my pixel that are now resolved. Like you, I wouldn't be crazy about giving up my brand new phone for a refurb. What kind of software issue are you experiencing with your pixel?

As Ann said, you may have better luck through google, there are no guarantees though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying our warranty program, Ann154. USANG1221, as an alternate option of going through the manufacturer and potentially being without a phone while yours is repaired, our warranty program provides a replacement right away. Certified like new replacements do go through multiple tests to ensure they are in working order. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/certified-like-new-replacements/  Have you had a chance to activate the replacement since your original message?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes