Missing advanced calling
SCOMIL31
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the update to Android 8.1, I lost the ability to connect to WiFi and stay connected, and the ability to use the internet/data while in a phone call. Factory reset (which was a huge pain and the recommended fix,) while the reset fixed my WiFi issue, I'm still unable to use data while on the phone. After talking to Google and Verizon, it was discovered that my "advanced calling feature" or menu option, is missing. After the problem was escalated, the eventual answer I was given was to buy a signal booster -.-  .... While I'm not on a phone call I typically have 4g lte coverage and no service issues, it's only when I place or take a call lte immediately turns off and as soon as I hang up it's back on in the blink of an eye. Thus then I can't imagine it being due to poor service, plus the entire year before upgrading to 8.1 I had no issue with it whatsoever. Any insight would be great opposed to buying something that won't fix the problem. -NRB[removed]

Content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (2)
Re: Missing advanced calling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SCOMIL31, updates are always meant to bring improvements. I am so sorry that this happened. Let's get this figured out. Can you please follow the below steps to clear your Phone Service cache manually.

1. Go to Settings > Apps > select top-right 3 dots > select Show System

2. Tap "Phone Services" > Storage > CLEAR DATA > Confirm

3. Remove and re-insert then reinsert SIM card

Keep us updated on how this works.

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SCOMIL31
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went through that whole process, settings, mobile network, phone settings, clearing cache and data, including the factory reset, sim card re-seating and still have no option to turn on advanced calling. Went through a few things with Google, who transferred me to Verizon to go through level 1 troubleshooting (sim card etc like you mentioned,) got escalated and went through more specific troubleshooting and workarounds with no success, and then had a support ticket for someone higher yet to check on and find answers, and was sent this "The review of your reported service issue is complete. Please click the link to see more details. http://www.vzw.com/signal." Which brings me to here to see if there was some other spot that was maybe missed?

SCOMIL31
Enthusiast - Level 2

No? Nothing still?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that this is resolved for you asap. Are you able to provide us with a screen shot of what your menu looks like now? It would help us to know how to proceed.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Firemanbob
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem with a Pixel with Android 8.1.0.

I saw the previous suggested "fix"

1. Go to Settings > Apps > select top-right 3 dots > select Show System

2. Tap "Phone Services" > Storage > CLEAR DATA > Confirm

3. Remove and re-insert then reinsert SIM card

And tried that, but can't even get past item 1...When I got to Settings>Apps and Permissions (there is no "Apps" selection), the 3 dots in the upper right that is mentioned aren't there. So, that suggestion doesn't help.

I've also gone into Settings>Network & Internet>Mobile Network>Advanced, but there is nothing there for HD voice.

It's pretty upsetting that with a late model phone with the most up-to-date OS version that I can't do simultaneous voice and data, video calling or HD voice.

What gives?

:

SCOMIL31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Bob, lucky for you that you've not performed a factory reset and spent over an hour on the phone to get nowhere... I've since had to find the answer on my own while Verizon was ready to give me a refurbished device, it's kind of irritating because my warranty ended right around Dec 28th... Anyway, here's the fix I've found with no help of Verizon, go to your call screen and pull up the number keyboard, dial *#*#4636#*#* and that will bring up the test menu. There's 3 options, you want phone information. Scroll down to "voLTE" provisioned and I'll bet it's unchecked, clock it and voila, advanced calling and WiFi calling return... I personally also checked the video calling provisioned and WiFi calling provisioned also... The only reason I sound bitter is that all the support from Verizon in the phone say "I'm not like so and so, it'll be me personally calling you back.... Then I never hear from them again.... Anyway this will fix it good luck and thank you for choosing Verizon.

Firemanbob
Enthusiast - Level 2

THANKS!  I saw your reply just as I was talking to VZW tier 2 support. Your suggestion fixed the problem (all the options were turned off, except the first one). Tier 2 support wasn't aware of this screen, and I gave them this information.

codykae
Enthusiast - Level 1

THIS IS THE ANSWER

I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FOR AN ETERNITY

THANK YOU

imadioskater05
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are a [removed] genius, how did you know how to get to that screen?  Ive been dealing with this almost since i got the phone on 4 different occasions.  Im fairly savvy, most of the time more so than many of the techs.  Even went so far the last time to coordinate both google and Verizon together to determine why this would happen after security patch updates.  Debug reports, coordination between two high end support teams, no one could figure it out, wiping phone clean (which I knew wouldn't work and just elongate the process and make more of a pain in the [removed] ), finally just replacing the phone.  Could have saved them so much more time, and I see even 3 months later this isn't in their help desk walk through on level 2 not to even bother level 1.

thanks so much for your help!

Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes