Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Missing texts
C_McGuire
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can any one explain why some of my texts have randomly disappeared off my Pixel 2 xl phone? I just recently switched from an iPhone and I’m tempted to go back bc there seem to be so many glitches. They were there earlier today and now just certain ones are gone from different contacts/threads. Not sure what’s happening. Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to stop this and recover the ones that disappeared? Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Missing texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, C_McGuire. I would be confused as well if my Text Messages have been deleting on their own,, do you know if you have this device set to automatically delete old Text Messages?

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
C_McGuire
Enthusiast - Level 2

The messages that are missing were recently received messages. Also, I do not believe that it's set to delete old messages.

Thanks!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information. What text messaging application are you currently using on your phone?

0 Likes
C_McGuire
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the default message app, Android Message.

0 Likes
C_McGuire
Enthusiast - Level 2

The default message app.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information. When did you notice this first started happening? Did it happen after a software update? Is your phone up to date with the latest software? Also, is the messaging app up to date?

FranciscoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
C_McGuire
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last Thursday 4/26 was when I first noticed some texts were missing. Everything thing was up to date at the time and still is current on updates.