Mobile Hotspot, "No Internet, Secured"
dashfort22
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey, I am trying to connect my Windows 11 Laptop to my Android Pixel Phone's mobile hotspot. There are a few complications

• My Pixel is saying that I have half-strength 4g LTE
  • I do not have a way to check if my Laptop is able to connect to wifi

I have tried to connect my Laptop to my Pixel's hotspot by using Wi-fi tethering. When I connect my Laptop to my Pixel, my Laptop says "No Internet, Secured." That makes me think that there is an issue with the settings on my Pixel.

My question

• Should I change the name of my Pixel's "Access Point" ?
    • The default access point for an Android phone that is on Android 11 is
      • "VZWINTERNET"
    •  
      • Screenshot_20220605-213243.jpg

• Screenshot_20220605-225353.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Hotspot, "No Internet, Secured"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there dashfort22 and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are concerned to learn that you are having some trouble with your hotspot, but we are here to help. Which Pixel do you have? Have you been able to use the hotspot successfully in the past with this device by chance? Do other devices connect to the hotspot besides the laptop in question?

-Candice

0 Likes
dashfort22
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Candace and Verizon,

Answers to your Questions

Which Pixel do you have?

• I have the Pixel 2 (not XL)

Have you been able to use the hotspot successfully in the past with this device by chance?

• No, but I used to be able to connect to a friend's "Wi-Fi hotspot" with my personal laptop.

Do other devices connect to the hotspot besides the laptop in question?

• I didn't think of this! I was able to connect my work laptop to my Pixel 2's "Wi-Fi hotspot" today. This makes me think that the issue is with my laptop.

New Questions

If I use "Hotspot & tethering > USB tethering", can I use a cord that has two USB-C plugs?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question, dashfort22. Please standby while I send you a Private Note. *Bryan

0 Likes