My Pixel loses connection on Verizon constantly (Indianapolis) w/video of issue
STEBAK58

My Pixel cannot stay connected to Verizon's network.  It will drop all connection (voice, data, SMS, everything) dozens of times per hour.  They have sent me multiple phones, same issue.  I have tried all of the troubleshooting and fixes from Google and Verizon.  I have traveled around the country and this issue happens mostly in the Indianapolis area.

Verizon says it is a Google issue, Google says it is a Verizon issue...and I have a phone doesn't work in multiple locations I spend a majority of my time. 

The video below show it dropping and connecting a few times within 90 seconds. 

Any ideas?

Video of the issue - https://youtu.be/GMFJcskPiA8?t=25s

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My Pixel loses connection on Verizon constantly (Indianapolis) w/video of issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

With all the phones you tried, did you use the same SIM card each time you activated the phones?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: My Pixel loses connection on Verizon constantly (Indianapolis) w/video of issue
STEBAK58

Yes, that was the first thing we tried with the original phone, replacing the SIM.  I tried another new SIM on phone replacement 4, no change, same issue, 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Are you traveling during that video?   The phone seems to pick up a tower with 700 band, but at -104 dBm which is not very good, but not terrible either.

Does the phones ever get good service?   In any location?  

What about other phones?

The pixel has the best antenna, even better than the Nexus 6p.  Mine picks up service when my other phones have no service. 

Can you try the SIM card in another phone?

Are the APN settings correct?

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

For some reason Verizon is blocking my reply. Your issue will not go away unless Verizon updates the way the phone grabs a signal. Right now Verizon has the Pixel configured to grab the fastest signal not the strongest. I went through 4 Pixel phones and 12 SIM Cards and the problem never went away. There's a Verizon tower less than 1/2 mile from my house but my signal was always horrible. Nothing but reds and yellows. It hovered around -100 dbm. My Nexus 5X got around -80 dbm. I talked to Verizon reps every week and they blew me off.

0 Likes
STEBAK58

The 7.1.2 update fixed the issue for me

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Maybe when my free magenta money runs out I'll check out big red again. I hope it fixes it for my location.

0 Likes