My Pixel2 device return is stuck "in transit" in Verizon online !!!
JoeRauchuck
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • I pre-ordered a new Pixel6Pro from Verizon's online store, with a trade-in of a Pixel 2, on 10/19.  
  • The Pixel6Pro was delivered 11/2.
  • I finished swapping data and cleaning my old Pixel2, and shipped it back via UPS 11/8.
  • UPS says it delivered the Verizon-provided package & label to Ft. Worth Tx 11/11.
  • But Verizon online still only shows the Pixel2 as "in transit 11/08".
  • And I got an email about needing to return the Pixel2 trade-in by 11/19!!!!
  • How long does the reclamation center in Fort Worth need to process the package?
  • Since Verizon didn't get my new phone to me until 12/2, shouldn't I get some slack on the trade-in return date? (12/2 maybe???)
  • And how can I contact Verizon about this: the call center is out for training, the chat automation can't handle this, and there are no options in the email support for device returns.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Pixel2 device return is stuck "in transit" in Verizon online !!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JoeRauchuck, we can definitely understand the concerns regarding a message received regarding your trade. It can take several business days for a trade to be processed as the device must be inspected and cataloged by our trade team. During this time of year when many are sending in traded devices, there can be delays. However, we count the trade in on the date it was delivered as opposed to when it was officially processed. Do you have the tracking number for your trade in? *Joshua

0 Likes
JoeRauchuck
Enthusiast - Level 2

The UPS tracking # was 1Z 4E9 W38 06 2950 7997.

The UPS site shows"

Your shipment

1Z4E9W380629507997

Delivered On

Thursday, November 11 at 10:51 A.M. at Inside Delivery

Returned To

FORT WORTH, TX US

Received By:

RETURNS CENTER

Proof of Delivery"

0 Likes
JoeRauchuck
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • Update - Verizon online shows device "Delivered" as of 11/20, but still not accepted.
  • And there is another  status message on a different page that says that it will take 3-5 days before they are finished processing it!    
0 Likes
JoeRauchuck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Final resolution:

• I received an automated email that my trade-in device had been received and that the original appraised value that I had agreed to when I entered the purchased agreement was being applied to my account (as a monthly credit spread over 24 months).
  • It took 10 days from when UPS says they said they dropped off the package in Fort Worth (11/11) to when (11/21) Verizon sent me the acknowledgement email that the device was accepted for trade-in.
  • Verizon's online chat bot's and automated email services don't support finding the trade-in status very well as far as I could see, and I could not get a human on phone support who could  tell me what was going on (I got a lot of messages about everyone being in training...go figure). 
  • I suspect the box was in a pile for 10 days waiting to get scanned, opened and processed. When processed, I rapidly (24 hours) got successive emails from Verizon first acknowledging delivery then accepting the trade-in, and my Verizon online account reflected those changes. Until somebody in Texas started scanning the shipping label, Verizon's systems lost track of the shipment, and my contacting them for status was pointless.
  • So -
    • Save the shipper's tracking number.
    • Track it yourself thru the shippers website.
    • Be prepared to wait for that automated trade-in appraisal email from Verizon - I think the Fort Worth Reclamation Center is way behind right now. 
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any issues with your trade in device and the tracking behind it. I am glad that you were able to get is resolved and the promotion applied.  We appreciate the information provided regarding the status. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know. -Al

0 Likes