My Verizon app does not support face ID as a login option
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

Why doesn't the My Verizon app support the Google face unlock protocol used on the Pixel 4 / Pixel 4XL?  The app supports fingerprint login as a biometric login option (I used fingerprint login for years on previous phones).  The My Verizon app supports Apple's Face ID as a biometric login option, but not the face ID function on the PIxel 4 / 4XL.  That seems strange to me.  Will there be an app update son that enables us to sign in to the My Verizon app using face unlock on our Pixel 4 phones?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Verizon app does not support face ID as a login option
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Scott5337 wrote:

Why doesn't the My Verizon app support the Google face unlock protocol used on the Pixel 4 / Pixel 4XL?  The app supports fingerprint login as a biometric login option (I used fingerprint login for years on previous phones).  The My Verizon app supports Apple's Face ID as a biometric login option, but not the face ID function on the PIxel 4 / 4XL.  That seems strange to me.  Will there be an app update son that enables us to sign in to the My Verizon app using face unlock on our Pixel 4 phones?

You could also submit feedback to the developers thru the Play Store and might get a response.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

@jav6 wrote:

@Scott5337 wrote:

You could also submit feedback to the developers thru the Play Store and might get a response.

I did that also, but thanks for the suggestion.  I figured I would post here also, and maybe between the two someone at Verizon / app support will hopefully see.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Verizon is always working hard to provide convenience, and we are confident your suggestion will be taken into consideration. 

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

Any update on this?  The My Verizon app still does not support face login as a biometric option on Pixel 4 phones.  I understand that face unlock might not be secure on all Android phones, but it is secure on Pixel 4 phones.  Other apps have implemented face login as a biometric option for Pixel 4 phones but not all Android.  Can't Verizon app developers do the same?  It baffles me that Verizon sells the Pixel 4 but doesn't support the only biometric option on the Pixel 4.

Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

Any update on this?  The My Verizon app still does not support face login as a biometric option on Pixel 4 phones.  I have used the Play Store - Contact Developer option several times and received no response (at least a response of "we are considering this"...or "no, we are not going to implement this" would be something).  I understand that face unlock might not be secure on all Android phones, but it is secure on Pixel 4 phones.  Other apps have implemented face login as a biometric option for Pixel 4 phones only, but not all Android phones.  Can't the Verizon app developers do the same?  It baffles me that Verizon sells the Pixel 4, it has been out for 9 months, and the Pixel 5 is right around the corner and the My Verizon app still doesn't support the biometric login option on the Pixel 4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scott5337

The security of your account information is our first priority. At this time, the face ID option isn't available on your device. However, we're uplifting your feedback to our online support team to ensure that your voice and recommendations are heard. This information allows us to hear your views on how we can improve your experience on our network. 

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Scott5337

The security of your account information is our first priority. At this time, the face ID option isn't available on your device. However, we're uplifting your feedback to our online support team to ensure that your voice and recommendations are heard. This information allows us to hear your views on how we can improve your experience on our network. 

Thanks for sending this up the chain.  I understand security is a concern, I am an IT professional myself.  Verizon does allow Face ID login for iPhone users with the My Verizon app so your developers know how to enable it for the Pixel 4 series also.  I have talked to a few app developers and apparently it is very easy to enable face ID login for the Pixel 4 phones based on how Google implemented secure face ID.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your feedback. We have lifted this up for you.

0 Likes
urmindglider

any update on the face unlock support for pixel 4 devices?

0 Likes