New phone- Microphone stopped working
afosbinder

Hi, I recently bought a new Google Pixel 2 XL in December. I then noticed about a month ago that I was experiencing issues with my microphone. My phone does not pick up any audio, which is especially frustrating when I need to make or receive phone calls. In order to use any audio function, I first need to connect to headphones with a microphone attachment. I have tried turning the phone off and on, blowing into the microphone, rebooting the phone into safe mode to see if a third party app was the cause... To no avail. Have any of you experienced this issue? Is there any way to fix this? Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: New phone- Microphone stopped working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to continue using your Pixel 2XL without having to connect your headphones, afosbinder. I appreciate the steps you have taken to rule out third party interference. When this began a month ago, do you recall if there were any changes to the device? Has your device experienced any physical or water damage? Have you noticed if this happens at all times, or is intermittent? 

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes