Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No Emergency Alerts on Pixel 4 XL
DanielJGreff

I've had my Google Pixel 4 XL for almost a year now, precisely on December 7th.

Before my Pixel, I had a Motorola Moto G6 on AT&T. I used to receive alerts on there.

It's now November 30th, 2020, and on my Pixel, I have never received ONE emergency alert. This is unacceptable. I know people around me, such as family and friends, have received several emergency alerts.

This occurred upon switching to Verizon and to a new phone.

I have already contacted Google Support, and I was emailing them back and forth. We finally concluded that I'd get support from Verizon, because it does seem as if it's a Verizon issue, as I have all emergency alert settings enabled on my phone.

Do you have to activate emergency alerts in the My Verizon app? I'm extremely confused and this is, like I mentioned, unacceptable. I must be receiving emergency alerts in the event of a life-threatening situation.

Has anyone else in the community been experiencing this issue with Verizon or a Pixel?

Thank you so much.

Re: No Emergency Alerts on Pixel 4 XL
Scott5337
Novice

I don't receive a lot of emergency alerts on my Pixel 4XL, but have received a few (or more).

0 Likes
DanielJGreff

@Scott5337 wrote:

I don't receive a lot of emergency alerts on my Pixel 4XL, but have received a few (or more).

Hm. It must be on my end, then. Thank you for your response!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello DanielJGreff, we're concerned to learn that you're not getting Emergency Alerts, and we'd love to help. Please send us a private note to better assist. 

UbaldoJ_VZW