Re: No Pixel 4 eSIM support
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

adamarcadipane,

We definitely don't want you to even consider leaving us. I regret any inconvenience to you (and the others here), and I really want to help. However, I don't have any information to provide you with, when it comes to a date for the eSIM. You are able to sign up for email updates, so you can be notified of new products and services: http://spr.ly/66011djut

ChristinaB_VZW

markthegreat
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is leading me to leave the Verizon service as well.  Losing a long time customer over the failure to support eSIM for anything other than iPhone.  Especially when you are the Pixel flagship carrier.

Please do NOT reply with the link to signup for a newsletter or the link to your supported iPhones.  Provide a real update here.  If you dont have the answer, go get it before updating this thread.

Otherwise, we leave.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly hope that you reconsider and stay with Verizon, markthegreat. We will certainly provide an update here as soon as an update is available.

DavidC_VZW

Jim92315
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon,

I too am a two phone carrier and I hate it. I changed to Verizon from T-Mo about a year ago as Verizon has better signals where I live. That said, T-Mo has increased its coverage and I am about ready to switch back. 

T-Mo has had a dual number program for several years in its Digits plans and it works incredibly well. I am stunned that Verizon couldn't figure this stuff out in the last year.   

Adejonge
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in the same boat. I have a personal phone and a business phone. Both Verizon and I have carry both. I don't want to switch carrier's but that's my only option, unless I want to switch to an iPhone. I have a pixel 3a for my business phone, I want to make one esim and have the option to use hard sim for my personal phone. Simple, other carriers do it, Verizon should. This is not an unusual situation.  When will Verizon allow dual Sims with Android phones?

0 Likes
bwmcquillen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Only Verizon locks the Pixel to their network.  It's not like the phone costs less when you sign up for Verzion.  I really wish I had done a little researh before buying the VZ version of the Pixel.  Now I'm stuck with it and no eSim support.  Super unhappy with Verizon. 

jdenman116
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm so ticked! Was told by a rep when I bought the pixel 4 XL WITH CASH that it would work just fine for dual SIM once my 90 day lock was up! DSDS doesn't work! Now I'm stuck with a Verizon model and can't use my ATT work number on it at the same time. Why would Verizon do this? 

AVOID Verizon! I've been a Verizon customer for 17 years and just left today. Selling my phone and buying a pixel 4 XL directly from Google. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so sorry to hear about you leaving Verizon and want to do everything we can to help.  What do you mean by "DSDS?"  Are you referring to the Duel SIM feature?  What specifically happened when you tried to use/activate it?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
Amrivlin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love how the Verizon level 1 support staff has no idea what we want and replies with lame signups links. I find it digusting Verizon doesn't support esim on essentially unlocked phones. Shame on Google for allowing Verizon to neuter our phones

0 Likes
tnadkarni

Does anyone know if the March Pixel update has added eSIM? I see the add carrier button and it launches the app to add a carrier but haven't actually been able to go through. Pixel 4XL

0 Likes