No voicemail shortcut
Rb45833

I just received a new pixel 4 due to a manufacturer defect. Bad idea!! Everything does not switch over as stated. The newest problem... There is no longer a shortcut for voicemail and do not receive notifications. 

Screenshot_20210107-170430.png

There should be a 4 icon at the bottom for voicemail

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No voicemail shortcut
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly quite the issue with the new phone, Rb45833. We appreciate the screenshot, and the Pixel 4 should have a 4th icon as you've mentioned for voicemail. Was this a replacement for a previous Pixel 4, or some other model of phone? 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
Rb45833

I apologise, I only have a pixel 3 but yes just switching over from another pixel 3. I called *611 yesterday, went thru a few steps with them, was placed on hold and my phone dropped the call so I'm back to square one.

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

Have you tried to enable Voicemail, and notifications for voicemail? Open the phone app - three dot menu in the top right - Settings - Voicemail - enable visual voicemail - then go back and tap Notifications on that screen - ensure notifications are enabled. Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Rb45833

Yes I tried that 10x before I called customer service. She even remotely went into my phone and tried it. Went to set up voicemail and still no luck. I was disconnected while on hold so she could do more research. Feel free to contact me directly in hope to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

@Rb45833 wrote:

Yes I tried that 10x before I called customer service. She even remotely went into my phone and tried it. Went to set up voicemail and still no luck. I was disconnected while on hold so she could do more research. Feel free to contact me directly in hope to resolve this issue.

Good morning. I am not a Verizon employee, just another forum member / Verizon phone user. Hopefully a Verizon rep will jump in here and provide some assistance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, Rb45833. I've done some research on this subject and confirmed that you may need to reactivate basic visual voicemail on your phone. May I ask if you can follow the steps here and let us know the results: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-208380/

0 Likes
Rb45833

I do not not see that option. It only says notifications and advanced settings. Northern of them say anything about visual voicemail. Can I just make an appointment to come to the store? This is taking up too much of my time for something that should be an easy fix. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rb45833, we are sorry to hear about your experience and we would love the opportunity to save you a trip from going into a store. Allow us the opportunity to take a closer look at the details. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see. Can you send us a screenshot of the options you are seeing? Also, what is your ZIP code? So we can help you find the closest location. DavidR_VZW

0 Likes