OEM Unlock feature is disabled
lyonster89
Enthusiast - Level 3

With the Android 10 push on 5 November 2019, the "OEM Unlocking" feature is disabled on my Pixel 3 and Pixel 1. Both of these devices are paid off, and I would like to be able to use this feature on my phones. 

Labels (1)
Re: OEM Unlock feature is disabled
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lyonster89, we definitely want to assist you the best way possible when it comes to the OEM unlocking feature on your devices. To ensure we on the same page, what is the reason you need this to be unlocked? The reason for my question is I would like to see if you were trying to use this device with another carrier. If you are, our 4G LTE device are automatically unlocked after 60 days of being active on the Verizon network. To learn more about this policy, please click here: http://spr.ly/66081urko. I would like to also set the correct expectations that we do not support factory unlocking such as jailbreaking or rooting the device as this strictly goes against our policy. Does this provide clarity?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
lyonster89
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your reply. Would you be able to direct me to your policy that references factory unlocking terrible as jailbreaking or rooting? I apreciate your help. 

lyonster89
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, ** Would you be able to direct me to your policy that references factory unlocking such as jailbreaking or rooting?**

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lyonster89 wrote:

Sorry, ** Would you be able to direct me to your policy that references factory unlocking such as jailbreaking or rooting?**

This isn't the policy document you are looking for, but it is a policy of this community forum. From the Terms of Service for the Verizon Wireless Community forum:

* Posts that discuss hacking and/or rooting a wireless device from any carrier will be removed.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Verizon-Wireless-Community-Terms-of...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes