Re: OTA updates for pixel 2 xl
tatsudn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got reply in pixel forum, it seems that it's global issue, as I understood Google team currently investigating this issue and collecting info from affected users November Security Patch - Pixel Phone Help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of receiving the latest security patch, tatsudn. As other community members have mentioned, software updates are rolled out in phases. I understand you have reached out to Google directly and they are conducting their own investigation. We recommend continuing to check Settings>System>System updates so the update can be installed once available.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tatsudn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope it will be available) my initial question was regarding usage of Verizon sim card, could you clear this out? Will I receive update if I insert Verizon sim card in my pixel phone? Or it doesn't matter and it won't solve this update issue. Small remark, I'm not in US currently

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can definitely clarify, tatsudn. Since you are out of the country, you will not be able to use an inactive Verizon SIM for over the air updates. This would require being on the Verizon network, and would only impact your ability to receive updates from Verizon. You would need to use Google's over the air update process to ensure you have the latest software installed. http://spr.ly/6588DEpTo

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

tatsudn wrote:

I hope it will be available) my initial question was regarding usage of Verizon sim card, could you clear this out? Will I receive update if I insert Verizon sim card in my pixel phone? Or it doesn't matter and it won't solve this update issue. Small remark, I'm not in US currently

wouldn't matter it all comes from Google, and nothing can stop the update.  Right now as I mentioned before coworkers of mine with the 2XL still don't have it and they have the unlocked version.