One device on my account can't reply to short code sms messages
randkb

I have 3 Google Pixel 2 devices on my account. 2 of them can reply to short code sms messages but one cannot. Is there a device-specific setting I'm missing? Is this a SIM card issue? (We had difficulty activating her device when she first got it and I think it had something to do with the SIM card). When she tries to reply she gets an error message saying the message cannot be sent.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: One device on my account can't reply to short code sms messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear you are having issues with one of your devices. By any chance have you already tried to restart your device to see if the issue continues? Also, what happens when you try to send one of the SMS messages? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
randkb

Restarting the device has no effect, this has been happening for quite some time. The message she gets when trying to reply to a short SMS text is "Not sent. Tap to try again." And it comes right back, it doesn't even try to send the reply.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What is the make and model of the device? Was there any change to settings, or updates that went through before this began? StanleyC_VZW

0 Likes
randkb

It is a Google Pixel 2. My wife said she's never been able to reply to these. When we set up her phone there was some issue with the SIM card and I'm wondering if that could be the cause of this?

0 Likes