Personal Account Promotionals are a bait - be weary
spencer12345

Just spent the last 1+ hour on the phone with Verizon Customer Service and not pleased (at least the lady was nice)!

Was on my account in June 2022 and was offered a promotion for a free Google Pixel with the trade in of my iPhone XR. It was offered to me specifically while on my account, so I looked up the details and only saw that I had to stay with Verizon for 36 months and was only eligible for select plans. Considering the plan was offered to my account, I activated the promo and selected the phone. Nowhere in this process did it say my plan was ineligible.

Fast forward to August 2022 and I have been overbilled $30 a month extra on my bill  since June. I call customer support and am told repeatedly that I needed an unlimited plan to be eligible and that they would switch me to the unlimited plan and honor the deal and that it would be cheaper. But it wouldn't be - I would essentially be paying the same, just not on the phone but the plan itself. On top of this, the speaking to a supervisor would be up to 72 hours later. Ridiculous.

That being said, I was able to look up other providers online during my long hold and found that T-Mobile is much cheaper and would buyout my phone. Considering they didn't honor the payout on the phone, there is no reason for me to stay with Verizon for 36 months. Not all of us live on our phones all day and need unlimited!

TLDR - be weary of plans offered to you that sound too good to be true. They will apply the discount at time of purchase, never tell you that you aren't eligible, then bill you for it later! Just see some other top posts below:

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Google-Pixel/Pixel-6-Pro-Promotional-credit-not-honored/m-p/1244264...

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Google-Pixel/Verizon-not-honoring-promotions/td-p/1237791

https://community.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon/not-getting-my-google-pixel-device-credit-still/td-p/945...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Personal Account Promotionals are a bait - be weary
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

spencer12345, as a consumer myself, I understand the importance of getting the best deal especially when it comes to saving money. I see that you stated you contacted us via customer service and even spoke with a supervisor. It is always our goal to be transparent as the eligibility for the promotion in question did provide the details for the promotion. Because our customers are important to us, I see that we did offer to honor the promo as long as you were willing to change the plan. We understand that you have options when it comes to cell phone providers and we do hope you reconsider and remain our customer seeing that we are so happy and willing to be accommodating with ensuring you get the promotion. 

-Natasha

0 Likes
Re: Personal Account Promotionals are a bait - be weary
spencer12345

Just look at the wording below taken from my account - "Based on your current plan(s) you're eligible to save up to $20.00/month when you enroll in both Auto Pay and paper-free billing with an active account with eligible plan(s).

Which is it? Is my account eligible or not? When I read the first half I am assuming this ad is tailored towards me but the second half leaves doubt? This is deliberately terrible and misleading. Granted, this wording example is of little consequence, but, as a Doctor, if I tell my patient to take xx pill once a day twice a day, is it twice or is it once?

spencer12345_0-1661363192876.png

0 Likes