Phone calls cutting out
Kittysue804
Enthusiast - Level 1

In the last couple of weeks I've noticed worse and worse cell phone call qualify. I have no problem hearing the other person, but they say I'm cutting in and out throughout the call. My phone was a couple years old and i thought that might be the issue, sense I had insurance I replaced the phone. The issue hasn't gone away. I work from home and have to take a fair amount of calls so I'm getting this feedback from a lot of people very consistently. I'm in a well populated area and according to the Verizon coverage map I shouldn't be having any issues. I really need to get this fixed and I don't want to pay to upgrade my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone calls cutting out
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are provided the best service as a customer and have a working phone to use. With regard to the device service does this only occur indoors or outdoors as well? When did this first start for you?

0 Likes
Kittysue804
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's been going on for a couple weeks now. It's in and outside my home I've noticed. Sense I'm working from home I don't use it much anywhere else to know if it works when I'm away from home. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot. Are you using WiFi Calling primarily on the devie when home our is it only call on the cellualr network? How far do you travel before the service improves?

0 Likes
teacha

Problem only started when Verizon told me to get  a new phone to match the 5g service. What about the contract I have with Verizon and the failure of them to fulfill the contract before and until they go 5g?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Teacha, we want to do everything possible to help you enjoy the service with the new phone. Let's gather some details to help get started. How long ago did you make the switch to the 5G device? Are you experiencing anything else besides the calls cutting out (slow data, dropped calls)?

-Alex

0 Likes