Phone does not ring when someone calls
wyo89
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Pixel 2 XL which has been working just fine up until about a month ago. Text messages either dont come in or when they do they are super late. I can text out just fine. The main problem is when someone tries to call my phone, it rings for them but I dont ever recieve a call on my phone. I have even tested this with my work landline and it just rings like normal then goes to voicemail. I also turned my phone off and tested (should go straight to voicemail) but it just rings like normal then goes to voicemail.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone does not ring when someone calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your phone to be able to receive all of your calls, as well as get your text messages right away, wyo89. We are here to help.

Typically, the issue you describe is caused by a lack of signal to the phone. Please tell us what signal your phone is getting when this happens:the signal strength and signal type? Also, does this issue happen everywhere you go to, or just at a certain location?

Have you notice this happening only if you are connected to Wi-Fi as well?

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
davecoch

Mine does the same thing. It has a good signal. Not using wifi

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

davecoch, we want to ensure you get the assistance you need. Does this happen when you are indoors, outdoors, or both? Does this happen everywhere you go? 

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
kathasmeltz2024

This has been happening to me in the last few weeks. Signal is fine both wifi and indoors/outdoors.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks Kathasmeltz2024,

We'll be happy to look into this with you. Which Pixel model do you have? Have you tried any troubleshooting with it so far? Has this been happening when your in in certain areas, or no matter where you go?

EricW_VZW

0 Likes
kathasmeltz2024
It's a Samsung s9plus.

I have called Verizon and they troubleshooted once b4
No matter  where I am.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@kathasmeltz2024

Thanks for confirming your device model. This thread is for the Google Pixel. Considering the issue you're experiencing appears to be device-related, I strongly recommend you start a new issue for your specific model device (Samsung Galaxy S9+) so that we can ensure we find the best solution for your specific model device. 

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes