Pixel 2 XL 3-way call not working
pritty1979
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have always been able to do a conference call for work when my conference line is not available. For my surprise, I was unable to add a call and merge today after the updates on August 1st. Anyone else? I can add a call but then when I hit Merge, it hangs up the first call. Then that person calls me back and I still have the merge option. One, I can't answer his call, second I can't merge, when I realize, the 3rd caller got dropped. My phone basically freezes on the call screen.

I restarted the phone, closed all open apps, tried again. No luck

Labels (1)
Re: Pixel 2 XL 3-way call not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pritty1979, we apologize for the issues you are having when you make conference calls. We understand that being able to make conference calls is vital. Don't worry. We are confident that we will resolve the issue, so you can successfully make conference calls. Do you experience conference calls everywhere or at a specific location? Are others experiencing the same issue? Please provide the city, state and the nearest intersection where you experience issues making conference calls.   

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
tmfleury
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same exact issue and have for months.  Most recently today when I went to merge the 2 lines, it merged me, my call 2 and somehow my voicemail instead of call 1 which was strange... but historically has just dropped the calls.  Problematic in my line of work where three-way calling is important and I'm not always in the office...

Pixel 2XL running Android 10 on VZW

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello tmfleury, we're concerned to learn that you're not able to merge two calls, specially since it's so important for your work, and we're here to help. What application are you using for your phone calls on your Pixel 2 XL?

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
NICWIC2
Enthusiast - Level 1

same here...had this same problem but now recently it's different. the ADD CALL button is now DISABLED. I can't do conference calls at all now. Please help!

Pixel 2 XL Android 10

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello NICWIC2, being on top of your Google Pixel 2 XL is vital, especially if three-way calling is not working. When did the issue start (did it ever work)? What recent changes have occurred (software update, new apps, etc.)? Aside from the three-way calling what other issues have you encountered?

GilbertoL_VZW

Mi11ko
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here.  Houston, Texas.  Can't merge calls, it goes to my voice mail and hangs up the original call.  Using the normal phone app

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mi11ko, we know the importance of being able to use 3-way calling on your Pixel 2 XL. We want to make sure that we get this fixed for you. For testing, can you please turn Advance Calling off on the phone? You can do this by going into Settings, Network & Internet, Mobile Network, tap on the switch to turn off Advanced Calling. Once that is off, please try to text your 3-way calling. Keep me posted. KevinR_VZW

Vitto52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried your solution, and when I went into advanced features the do not disturb was set to automatic.  I turned it off, and I was able to merge a call right away.  I have always been able to merge calls and it only became a problem recently.  I don't know how the DND was set to auto, but looks like that may have been the problem, will see tomorrow when I have to make conference calls.  I hope the tip works consistantly now.  Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly odd, Vitto52, but we are glad to see you were able to get this corrected on your device. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime. Have a wonderful day and stay safe!

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes