Pixel 2 XL Camera Crashes
danw77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having a sudden issue with my camera crashing. Tried on/off, reset, safe mode, unistall - nothing is working. Any ideas? The camera is basically useless at this point.

Labels (1)
Re: Pixel 2 XL Camera Crashes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have your camera working properly, and we want to make sure you get the help you need. Are you getting an error message when it crashes? Has there been any recent updates?

PamD_VZW

0 Likes
larnlor

Mine started this same issue, the day after updating to Android 10. Any updates that anyone is aware of?

0 Likes
danw77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to have the phone replaced. Google extended the warranty to 2 years for this issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Larnlor, I can definitely see how this can become frustrating. I would want to gain the resolve to this matter as well. Can you tell me if you are in any particular application when the camera crashes? What happens when the camera stops on your phone?

VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes
Frustrated2xl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue and find it frustrating that Verizon will do nothing about it. I bought the phone from them and pay monthly for service to them, but when I need warranty service they are completely unwilling to help. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand how this can be frustrating. We are always here to troubleshoot and provide assistance with an Insurance Claim should you need one. You are in our Community Forum and this was posted 2 days ago. Have you received the assistance you were looking for? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Swartz

Has this issue been resolved? I am experiencing the same thing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure that you have a fully functional device is essential, Swartz. We definitely want to find out what's going on with your phone camera. Please tell us, when did this issue begin? Is your device software up to date? Do you encounter the same issue when using a third party camera application?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
timsmith339

I am having the same issue.  Unfortunately, I brought my phone from AT&T a couple years ago, so it's not originally from Verizon.

But starting yesterday, any app that accesses the camera (including 3rd party) will crash immediately upon opening.  I take very good care of my phone, and nothing changed. 

I have tried everything: first a soft reset using the system options, then a hard reset using the hardware buttons.  Nothing works, so I believe it has to be an issue somewhere in the software update.  AT&T seems to have the phone OEM locked, so I can't flash it to put on a custom rom.  I love my phone and don't want to buy a new one, but I didn't realize how much I depend on my camera.

Any help would be wonderful!

Thanks,

Tim

0 Likes