Pixel 2 XL: Image Burn-In & Other Defects
Bluthos

Just spoke with a pair of Verizon reps. regarding the Pixel 2 XL's screen defects. I started noticing the image burn last night and assumed my eyes were playing with me because of the late hour, and this afternoon I came across this article.

I'm wondering if any other customers are having the same issue, and if theirs are more or less noticeable.

Apparently, Google has to modify their agreement with Verizon regarding this issue in order for customers to have their brand new devices replaced with brand new devices (instead of Like-New Replacements), otherwise you're limited to 14 days after the original purchase date.

After further reading, I'm seeing that some units also suffer from this issue, which I have not noticed on mine.

Is anyone else seeing this? If so, have you reached out to Verizon or Google to find out how these will be addressed?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 2 XL: Image Burn-In & Other Defects
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try a search on the community to see if there was a similar thread?

For example... ​I am returning Pixel 2 XL SCREEN TURNS BLUE

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mnowak1228
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm still waiting for my Pixel 2 XL black and white version, should have it by Nov 1st, but I've already spoken to Google support and they assured me that they are aware of the Issue, wouldn't say what it was, and will cover under warranty ones that are affected. Also, any Pixel 2 XLs that ship on or after October 23rd are already fixed, SO THEY SAY! We will see but as long as Google covers it I'll be fine, I love my Pixel XL OG!!

0 Likes
Bluthos

That's really good news, I'll call a store tomorrow and see if they have the defect-free ones available.

0 Likes
AI55

I had this.  😞  No drops or anything.  Still works fine, but I'm not a big fan of the green laser.  Waiting on a replacement now.

BadPixel2.JPG

0 Likes