Pixel 2 XL Turns Off When Plugged In
WILGEI85

I've tried three different chargers--one of which is the original charger that came with the phone, the other is a phone charger that came from Verizon, and another was purchased through Amazon. Every time I plug my phone in, my phone shuts off to charge. I've done a factory reset, checked for updates, plugged my phone into the car, wall, and computer, and each time, it's the same result. Is anyone else having this issue? And if so, how do you fix it?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 2 XL Turns Off When Plugged In
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

That's definitely odd, WILGEI85. Trying all those other chargers and even a factory reset were fantastic ideas, but it's disappointing to hear the phone is still shutting off when you plug it into a charger. I'm glad you're bringing it to my attention so we can find a solution. Since you've narrowed it down to ensure it's not the charger itself, I'd like to focus on the phone a bit. Did you notice this trouble begin after installing a particular update or application? Are you able to press and hold the power button to turn the device back on while it's charging? If you shine a bright light into your charging port, do you see any debris or crusty material built up in the phone's port?

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Pixel 2 XL Turns Off When Plugged In
sehale
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same problem on my Pixel 2.  Google claims they have never heard a complaint about it but the Google Pixel forum has other users posting the same thing.  Regardless of charger - original, after-market, car, computer USB, battery bank - the phone freezes about 5 seconds after connecting.  It will reboot itself after a couple of minutes or I will have to hold the power button down until it does.  Same thing happens in Safe Mode.  The charging port is clean.  Started right after the April update.  VERY disappointing.