imike

Pixel 2 XL not charging with original charger

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 2 XL not charging with original charger
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried another charger or cable? Did the phone come with both a USB-C to USB-C cable and a USB-C to USB-A (the size that fits into computer USB ports) cable?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
imike

Yes to all your questions and it turns off when I plug it to another charger

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is strange, imike. I am committed to exploring ways to resolve this issue. When was the last time you were able to charge your phone normally with the original charger?
Is there any physical or water damage to your device?
Is there any damage to your charger?
Is there any damage to any end of the cable that connects your phone to the charger?

Antonio_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
imike

Is there any physical or water damage to your device? no

Is there any damage to your charger? no it works fine with my other phone

Samsung S9+

Is there any damage to any end of the cable that connects your phone to the

charger? no it works fine with others

also my laptop can not recognize my pixel 2xl

thank you

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 11:06 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
imike

and yes for factory reset

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your efforts on this, imike. We know it's important to have a properly working phone and we want to get to the bottom of this for you. When was the last time you were able to successfully charge? Also, please describe what happens when you try to use the charger. For example, if you wiggle the cable, or hold it at certain angles, does it connect?

Eric_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
imike

Nothing happen when i use the charger that came with the phone and when i

muse another charger the phone shots down / i tried different blokes and

cables and its the same in all. plus when i connect to my laptop it shots

off also and like i said my laptop does not recognize my phone

i am running android pie or 9

thank you

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 5:51 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those additional details, imike. Do you recall any changes just before you started experiencing the charging issue? When looking at the charging port on your phone, can you see anything that may be lodged in the port? You mentioned a factory reset previously. To confirm, you have completed the reset, correct? Did you restore your apps and information immediately after the reset? If so, please place your phone in Safe Mode: https://vz.to/2NOw3no . Are you able to charge while in Safe Mode?

Lauren_VZW

0 Likes
batonrouge
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same issue started happening with my Pixel 2 early January 2019. It will not charge using either of my OEM Google chargers. But charges normally (not slow, not very fast) with any of my 3rd party chargers (USB to USB-C). My Google chargers charge my other USB-C devices fine. The Pixel 2's  port is completely clean. It seems only USB-C to USB-C does not work.

Called Google support. Did troubleshooting and eventually safe mode restart (didn't resolve), then reset the phone. Still no luck. Google wants to replace the phone. I'm holding out hoping maybe this will be addressed in a future patch/update.

If anyone has resolved this issue without replacing the phone, please advise.

Thank you!

0 Likes