Pixel 2 XL replacement joke.
Radkins761
Enthusiast - Level 2

After spending $900 on a pixel 2XL I am now experiencing the screen retention/Burn-in issues. I called Verizon and they want to replace my phone that is barely a month old with a used refurb. That is not what I spent my money on. Is there a way to get them to replace my defective device properly? If this is the way they are going to treat their customers who just dropped money on two brand new phones that I may have to cut my losses and start shopping around.

Labels (2)
Re: Pixel 2 XL replacement joke.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contact Google directly to see if they will RMA it with a replacement under warranty.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Radkins761
Enthusiast - Level 2

Google seems willing to, I do not have a phone to use for the two weeks it will take. That is my main problem on that end. That does not fix Verizon's horrible policy either. I buy a new phone at least once a year for the three lines I have and this is the way they treat us. I'm not paying for a $900 refurb. But unfortunately for me I sold my other phones.

0 Likes
Radkins761
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have read all about that Google's warrantee. The problem is they do not send you a replacement until they receive yours if you purchased through Verizon and I do not have another phone. And Verizon will not honor their warranty. They only want to send out used refurbs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We greatly value your loyalty and we want to help you stay. Our Certified Like New Replacements go through a more than 100 point inspection and are free of excessive wear. This process does avoid the lengthy repair process through the manufacturer. I hope that we are able to bring satisfaction to your concerns. Would you be interested in ordering the warranty replacement?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could you borrow one from a friend or family member for two weeks while yours is sent to Google?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Radkins761, we don't want to see you go and understand the importance of having a working device. I have sent you a private message so we can assist.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gernblanston
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had mine replaced by Google, and even though they said they wait until they get your phone, they sent mine as soon as the post office entered it in the system. I sent it on a Thursday, and mine showed up Monday. And, it was a brand new phone, not a refurb.