Pixel 2 phone won't stay connected to my Home WiFi
RICINC78

I was getting notifications that my phone was not connected to my WiFi. This has been going on for several weeks now. My phone drops the WiFi connection but not my computer or laptop. I ended-up using way more data than ever before. Anyone else having this issue and what is the fix? So far I'm very disappointed with the Pixel 2 and I still have 20+ months to go on this contract.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 2 phone won't stay connected to my Home WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RICINC78, we always want to ensure that you have a device that you love. The Pixel 2 is a great phone and we want you to enjoy it. Let’s help turn things around for you. Can you tell us exactly what notifications that you’ve been receiving when you lose the Wi-Fi connection? Do you recall any changes to your device (such as software updates, new applications, or application updates) that occurred prior to this issue? Are you able to stay connected to any other Wi-Fi sources besides the one from home? What other disappointments have you had with this phone?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RICINC78

Hi Samantha T.

Each time the phone disconnects from the WiFi I get a Notification but I

can't remember the exact verbiage. Something like WiFi No Longer Connected.

I have not noticed it out and about but I have noticed that at the normal

places I go that I have automatically connected to their WiFi like Wal-Mart

for example my phone stopped connecting. I don't recall any new apps or

updates prior to this issue.

You asked about other issues with the phone.

1 - It gets so hot when using the internet or on a phone call that after

about 5 minutes it's too hot on my ear or to the touch.

2- Many times the touch on the screen does not work. Like if I want to open

a notification it says to tap it twice but it never opens and goes

anywhere. Just yesterday I asked my niece to try to open something for me

and she couldn't either. Also happens when trying to swipe to answer the

phone, I have had many calls go to voice mail because I could not answer

them.

You aske

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 5:06 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
RICINC78

Hi, Got the same notification just now, " WiFi has No Internet Access" My

home internet is working just fine.

0 Likes
STEFRI1

Did this ever get solved?

My wife's Pixel won't connect to wifi anymore (used to work fine).  Everything else works fine.  Have tried removing the wifi connection & redoing it.  Looks like it's going to work.... says "connecting" momentarily and then goes to "disabled".  Have tried on multiple wifi networks (all of which I know work with no problems on my other phones).

Have tried unsuccessfully:

> switching on/off airplane mode. 

> switching on/off wifi mode. 

> deleting and reconnecting to wifi network. 

> tried multiple wifi networks I know work. 

> resetting the Network settings under Advanced settings.

This has updated OS.

the LTE connection works no problem.  Everything else working fine.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How old is your Wi-Fi router? I replaced my router a few years ago when my phone at the time started having trouble staying connected to it when the laptop didn't have any issues. After researching I determined the Wi-Fi broadcast radio was degraded as that router was 10 years old. The new router has worked much better since I installed it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the efforts you have already taken, STEFRI1and RICINC78May I ask which software version you have on your Pixel 2? Please go to Settings > System > About Phone > Android version > Baseband version 

Your version should read PPR1.180610.009.

We want to make sure you are able to stay connected to WiFi while preserving the data plan you have with your service. 

Tamara_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, thanks so much for this line of questioning as it's definitely relevant to this issue. RICINC78, how old is your router? What do you experience with your phone's ability to connect to other Wi-Fi connects? Also, I see that my co-worker Tamara_VZW has asked some other great questions. Please review and advise. 

Natasha_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes