Pixel 3 SMS failed to send to one contact, but can send MMS to them
Druke
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Pixel 3 running Android 10.

One of my contacts (IOS) can text message me; however I'm unable to reply through SMS. If I send a picture with text it sends though... Any suggestions? I've restarted my phone, fully shutdown, etc and still unable. They are not blocking me and i'm not blocking them.Screenshot_20200831-142052.pngScreenshot_20200831-142058.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pixel 3 SMS failed to send to one contact, but can send MMS to them
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Druke, 

I'm sorry to learn about any issues with sending a text message to one of your contacts. To confirm, you can reply to this person with a picture message, but a text message doesn't send. Tell me, is this the only contact you have this issue with, or is it happening with other iOS users? Have you ever been able to send this person a text? What happens if you initiate a new message and dial in the 10-digit number, instead of pulling it from your contacts? How is the number listed in your contacts (xxx-xxx-xxxx or 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx)? Please share these additional details, thank you. 

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Druke, 

I'm sorry to learn about any issues with sending a text message to one of your contacts. To confirm, you can reply to this person with a picture message, but a text message doesn't send. Tell me, is this the only contact you have this issue with, or is it happening with other iOS users? Have you ever been able to send this person a text? What happens if you initiate a new message and dial in the 10-digit number, instead of pulling it from your contacts? How is the number listed in your contacts (xxx-xxx-xxxx or 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx)? Please share these additional details, thank you. 

Druke
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, 

Correct this is the only contact I've noticed an issue with including other iOS users. 

The contact is saved as 1 xxx-xxx-xxxx.

I'm sending a test text using the full 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, which was successful. Now the contact also works. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome! We are so glad to learn texting is working again for you, Druke! Thanks for being the best part of Verizon! Have a great day!

NicoleR_VZW

0 Likes
mms32

Hey there! I have a Pixel XL and also having the same issue that started in 9/23/20. The contact in question has a +1 then the number. I have removed the +1 then tried to send a text and that failed. So I readded the 1 back and tried to text again, it also failed. For the contact, there is no email or duo link attached. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure that you are able to send messages to all contacts. Please tell us, is your device connected to Wi-Fi when this happens? If the answer is yes, please try disconnecting your device from Wi-Fi and send the message once again.
GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes