Pixel 3 camera and video began to crash constantly as of yesterday
retiredjd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pixel 3 camera and video began to crash constantly as of yesterday. I rebooted, cleared the storage etc. , to no avail. It will take a photo then crash. Or when I take a video same thing happens

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 3 camera and video began to crash constantly as of yesterday
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes, retiredjd,

I know how important it is to be able to take those pictures and for it not to crash. As a consumer myself that has the Pixel 3, it's imperative we get this up and running again. Please tell me more. How long ago did you notice this was happening? What was happening with the phone before it started crashing? Was there a recent software update that happened on the phone?  

JenniferL_VZW

0 Likes
retiredjd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nothing new was happening with the phone. I just tried to take a photo. After two photos it locked up. I rebooted and it seemed ok until I tried to switch to video which caused it to lock up. In other words, if I take a photo or two, I need to reboot the phone. A camera software update was installed approx a week ago. I uninstalled the update, but it still crashes.  I noticed on other consumer sites, other people are having the same problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for those details and the response back, retireddjd. When the camera locks up, are there any error messages that come up on the device? Does the screen go black? Also, is there any kind of physical or liquid damage to the device? KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
retiredjd
Enthusiast - Level 3

No error mssgs, no liquid or physical damage, screen goes black. Also the flashlight stops working at the same time

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do want you to be able to use your camera on your phone, retiredjd. Since this issue started have you tried using a different camera app on your phone?

We just want to confirm if this issue is with the Camera portion of the phone or just the app itself. You can go to the Google Play Store to get a different camera app to try. Please let us know if you have the same issue using a different app.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
retiredjd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I tried other apps and the same thing happened

0 Likes
retiredjd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I have tried other apps and the same thing happened

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you taking these steps, Retiredjd. Are there any other issues your device is currently experiencing? Please follow these steps to confirm you have the latest software version: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-219959/ Once this is done, please re-install the new camera software update and let us know if you experience the same issue.

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
retiredjd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did as you requested. Installed update. Camera is still malfunctioning. Nothing has changed.

0 Likes