Re: Pixel 3 hotspot "authentication failed"
ben1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I want you to resolve this problem ASAP.

I got Verizon and not pageplus for the hotspot.

No I don't want to contact you on Facebook.

Please do whatever you need to do to make it work

Thank you.

travis_doyle_groff
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Just wanted to chime in and join the ranks. My recently aqcuired work phone (Pixel 3) on Verizon also has this error message when attempting to toggle on hotspot.  I have also tried a network reset, factory default, and remove/reinstall SIM and none of these have worked.

It's worth noting that my coworker (who received her smartphone the exact same day as I received mine) is having the same exact issue.

I *think* these phones were procured from the Verizon store vs. directly from Google which I've seen some folks mention might be part of the problem.

I have tried calling *611 but after roughly 30 minutes we did not seem to get anywhere and this is no slam personally against the support rep I spoke with but he seemed to be working from a script of suggestions I had already tried.

Would love to hear back regarding any progress made or possible solutions.

Thank you,

0 Likes
Rix1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Galaxy S8 bought directly from Samsung.  It's never been locked.  When I switched to Verizon I had a problem with the hotspot, though different from the one you're describing, but it cleared up in a few hours and has been working fine sinced then.

0 Likes
SeanOchoa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been experiencing this issue for two weeks and across three devices.  My old (original) Pixel tethers just fine.  My new Pixel 3 doesn't and reports the same "authentication failed.  Please try again later" error when I try using the hotspot feature.  I've been working with VZW tech support and they gave me INC002659355 to track and said that an update to fix this issue will be published to the network on 20 Aug 2019.  Apparently this issue affects any device that hasn't tethered before on VZW network on or after July 2019, which includes new Samsung and Google Android phones.  

I hope this helps someone be here.  I'll reply here on 21 Aug to advise whether the issue is fixed.

elgreko
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue with my Verizon purchased Pixel 3, bought just 10 days ago. Have never been able to get the hotspot to work. I'm reluctant to waste the time on a device replacement since so many others are having the same issue. 

tdwenger
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm still not having any luck and support seems to have no idea. Hoping they fix/resolve this soon kind of annoying.

elgreko
Enthusiast - Level 1

If this can be resolved at the network level (and also my dropped calls!) then I'll just hold onto it for now.

0 Likes
ben1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

We all have the same problem.

There is no solution for now.

I go through Google and Verizon and go to Verizon store where they try to fix it for one hour.

And now I got massage w link to call there regular line again.

Don't waist your time.

There is no solution for now.

cjamalj
Enthusiast - Level 1

There appears to be a lack of testing and support. 

I just purchased the galaxy note 10+, and this problem happened from the get go.

I turned off the phone, and put in my old SIM in the phone, and the hotspot works. 

They need to start here and figure out what they are programming the SIM with that is leading to this problem.  It's. not a phone issue, and a network reset isn't going to help. I'm going to start looking into apps that let me edit the SIM card code directly as it seems we'll have to find the fix Verizon can't in their own code.

MeltedUniform
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same issue. Just purchased Galaxy Note 10+ from Verizon.

Hotspot " Unable to connect: Authentication Error"

0 Likes