Pixel 3 suddenly off and NOTHING will turn it back on.
mrtheed

My Pixel 3 suddenly stopped working today. It's almost like it's dead but it won't respond to anything. It wasn't low on battery. I tried the power button, holding the power button, hard reset (power + vol down). Just for the heck of it I tried holding all buttons, power and vol up. I put it on the charger for half an hour. It doesn't do anything. No vibration even. I held a light up to it in a dark room to check the backlight but I didn't see anything. I didn't think that was it anyway because it should still vibrate when holding buttons. It's like holding a rock. It just does nothing. I don't think there was a recent update near as I can tell.
I did find this and it seems to be the exact issue I am having:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/fix-pixel-3-qusb_bulk_cid-xxxx_sn-xxxxxxxx.4205331/

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 3 suddenly off and NOTHING will turn it back on.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrtheed, we regret to hear your Google Pixel 3 all of a sudden won't power on anymore. If not already we'll need to look at warranty replacement options as long as your phone isn't damaged in any way.

If a warranty replacement hasn't been processed yet we've sent you a private message to further assist. Thank you.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
bluhollo

My husband just experienced the same thing with his Pixel 3. It was fine when he went to bed, got up and black screen of death, will not charge or anything. I have been reading different sites and it seems as if this is a common problem with Pixels, and that the phones are stuck in EDL mode and are bricked. There is no tool to fix it, and Google is suggesting to take the phone for repair to a repair store. I have read multiple reports where users are told it is a broken screen, paid $300 to $400 to have it repaired, and it still was not fixed.

GOOGLE what are you doing about this?! This is your issue and many of your customers are experiencing very POOR customer service!

0 Likes
MikeMNFL

I too have the "black screen of death" on my Pixel 3XL as of this morning 9/5/2021. I hope Google or Verizon provides a solution to you that may work for me...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, MikeMNFL! We are concerned your device is not working as expected. Let’s review the account, and we can go through some troubleshooting steps and get your phone working again. Can you please send us a Private Message to better assist you. . ~Rachel

0 Likes