Pixel 3XL reception and dropped calls issues Hollywood FL
Mg28
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hardly know where to start I'm so frustrated. I've had reception issues for almost a year including dozens of dropped calls, delays and garbled audio. My wife has an iPhone same house, same carrier no issues. 

Verizon sent a range extender and the delay was so bad it was unusable and I had to disconnect it. Unfortunately WiFi calling while better has similar issues.

Approx 6 weeks ago I called and spoke with tier two tech support for over an hour. They said they could see remotely how bad my signal was and had me change some settings on the phone. They said they were going to run some diagnostics and I should receive a call within 5 days regarding the outcome. During the few days that followed that call I received multiple text and replied each time that I was still experiencing signal issues. No one ever followed up as promised. 

I called again on 4/10/20 after about 45 minutes I finally got through again to level two tech support and had to explain the entire scenario again. The tech had me do a factory reset and same issue with the reception. To add MUCH insult to injury after she took me through the settings to ensure everything was backed up including my text messaging after the reset I come to find out the majority of my apps did not back up in addiation to my much needed text messaging. 

There is apparently a known issue with reception and this device but the only thing the tech would do is send me a new sim card. Of course it didn't come when promised and of course it didn't work when I installed it and of course the tech never called me back to follow up.

It's now 4/14 and I'm writing this while I'm on the phone once again with level 2 tech support (40 minutes and counting) and he's telling me my phone is out of warranty even though my documented issues started when the phone was in warranty!

Although I said my wife's iPhone works inside our home signal is still week. We are a few blocks from Downtown Hollywood FL and there is no signal inside many of the bars and restaurants that are downtown Hollywood which is a heavily populated urban area.

I would urge anyone considering the Pixel or that lives in or around Downtown Hollywood to consider a different phone and a different carrier! 

Labels (1)
Re: Pixel 3XL reception and dropped calls issues Hollywood FL
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear about your experience with your service and content. Cellular providers cannot guarantee coverage indoors as many factors outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to indoor performance. I understand you're working with tech support at this time and I'm confident you're going to receive the assistance you need.

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mg28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tech support did a TERRIBLE job and did not follow up as promised. Your service in most of my zip code which I would consider heavily urban is horrendous! As far as indoor service as someone who use to install DAS I understand the complexities however service is hardly any better outside which you tested and I qualified for a range extender. 

Unfortunately, and I don't know if it's handset related, but there is terrible latency whether calling on WiFi or using your range extender. Verizon would not give me the benefit of a doubt and would not exchange my handset. 

I will definitely be changing carriers.

A very disappointed customer:( 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Losing you would be devastating, Mg28. We know how important it is that the service work when and where you need it most. We’ll do all we can to help make this right. Please tell us more about the latency you experience. You told us how it affects calls. How does it affect your text messaging? What about using apps or internet on the phone? Does the latency change when you go to a different location, especially one that’s more than five miles away (if applicable)?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes