Pixel 5a 5G
dmarie7

I am interested in purchasing the Pixel 5a 5G but wanted to know if it is compatible with Verizon. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 5a 5G
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should be.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dmarie7, getting a new phone is super exciting! You can check compatibility here https://www.verizon.com/sales/byod/devicetype.html?from=ddot&adobe_mc=MCMID%3D8505874127965540415097...

0 Likes
terrykeeler57
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a Pixel 5a and yes it does work with Verizon.  However I used the sim card from my Pixel 2 and now I cannot receive SMS text messages, I can send fine just can't receive them.  It is my understanding that I need a new sim card, can someone from Verizon confirm that?  If so I will head into a store tomorrow to get a new sim card, are they free?  Thanks

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to get a working SIM Card. Replacement SIM cards are available at no charge from corporate-owned Verizon Stores.

*Peter

0 Likes
terrykeeler57
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, thank you.  I will find a store tomorrow.  Pretty sure Eugene, OR has at least one correct?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@terrykeeler57 wrote:

I just got a Pixel 5a and yes it does work with Verizon.  However I used the sim card from my Pixel 2 and now I cannot receive SMS text messages, I can send fine just can't receive them.  It is my understanding that I need a new sim card, can someone from Verizon confirm that?  If so I will head into a store tomorrow to get a new sim card, are they free?  Thanks

I'm not sure if a new SIM card is necessary. You might just need to have the SIM card or the line re-provisioned for LTE only and CDMA-less messages. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
terrykeeler57
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon employee(s)....do I need a new Sim card or not?   Are the cooperate stores appointment only for help or are drop in's also Ok?  Is this something that can be taken care of over the phone using the existing sim cards by tech support?  Is there some kind of identification of this problem that would help tech support so they are not guessing?  

terrykeeler57
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are correct, I didn't need a new sim card.  Used Verizon chat for tech support and they activated 'CDMA-less' and the incoming SMS texting now works.  They also updated it for another line that I will be activating later today with another Pixel 5a and let me know it should work when I deactivate the old Pixel 2 and activate the Pixel 5a.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're welcome. The stores at: 485 Coburg Rd
Eugene, OR 97401 and at: 288 Valley River Center
Eugene, OR 97401 are both Verizon Company stores. They will have SIM cards available free of charge.*Melissa

0 Likes