Re: Pixel 5a not receiving SMS messages.
kelster1101
Enthusiast - Level 1

@taccat many thanks!

Doogeeuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in this same boat, did you ever get a response?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kelster1101, thanks so much for reaching out to us about this. The SMS feature is essential to have, so I m definitely here to help get this resolved. Are you having this issue with a specific number you are sending to, or all numbers?-Dia

0 Likes
cnguinn

I am also having this problem.  I tried taccat's solution, but when I got to the Customer Verification part, it wants to send me a text message and only allows me to enter the number associated with the phone that cannot receive text messages!!!   I am unable to use my wife's phone number which is also with Verizon.  

What am I to do?????

0 Likes
smlpgl

I'm working with tech support this morning. They say they need to configure the account to not use 3G networks. Unfortunately, while the tech was doing that, we got cut off. Still waiting for a call back.

0 Likes
cnguinn

UPDATE:  

I spoke with a Verizon Technical Support person.  While testing the disabling of CDMA, we also got cutoff.  She called me back on my wife's phone.   The Tech re-enabled the CDMA to enable phone calls.

Bottom line, the Verizon Tech had me install a "Security Update" that was located at "Settings/System/System Update"  This took a while to download and run, but this did fix the text messaging issue.

0 Likes
Swartz

This worked for me! Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the inconvenience as we want to get your messages coming in again! Please send us a Private Note and we can offer you more personalized support. -Yale

0 Likes
klbusser

I'm having the same issue. I was on phone with Verizon tech support for about an hour. I was receiving texts from my daughter up until 10/8. That was last text I got.

I tried the Reddit solution, unfortunately, that's not working. I'm getting "can't proceed without case number" when I go through the motions.

Yes, I used the SIM card from my old phone. If that was the issue, why didn't tech support know that and why was I getting texts and now I'm not?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details. It's our goal to ensure that your messages are coming through, and we're motivated to help in everyw ay that we can. Please send us a private note, and we can look into this together. *Damien

0 Likes