Pixel 5a unable to activate eSIM
iamcsr

Is Verizon aware of users being unable to activate the eSIM on new pixel 5a's? I spent 4 hours talking with support and were not able to get it activated and it must be the phone. However, Reddit is also full of people not being to activate the esim on verizon, but not having problems on any other carrier so it seems to be verizon specific. I was told by the reps it was not generating an ICCID. I also had a ticket escalated but never heard back. Is this something verizon is aware of or working on a fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 5a unable to activate eSIM
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

iamcsr, we regret to hear that your Google Pixel 5a could not be activated. Does your device have the model number of G1F8F-1660?

- Alan

0 Likes
iamcsr

I assume so, the phone only says G1F8F but unlike earlier pixels there's only 1 version of the 5a

0 Likes
iamcsr

vzw_customer_support can you help further? Can i send you my ticket number?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, iamcsr. We would be happy to take a closer look at your ticket status. We are going to send you a Private Note. Please respond to our Private Note with your ticket number. *Cassie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, iamcsr. What is the ticket number for the eSIM activation issue? *Cassie

0 Likes
Ld26

I had the same issue being in the phone forever yesterday with th 5a5g as well🙁

0 Likes
Ld26

Clarification: I had the same issue being on the phone yesterday with customer service and then a tech for an hour and a half w/ 5a5g as well. Chatted support after and they're mailing a free physical SIM. Frustrating. Nice customer reps but seems silly they haven't fixed this.  Purchased from Google store as per Verizon website. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you get your esim activated Ld26. So sorry about the problems you had recently. Send us a private message so we can help with your issue and make sure you have a way to communicate with friends and family. We look forward to hearing from you. 

-Kinquana

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update and feedback Ld26. I'm happy our team is sending you a new SIM card to help with the issue. Please keep us posted once you receive that SIM card. We want to make sure your phone is activated with no issue. We will do all that we can to get this resolved. 

-Kinquana

0 Likes