Pixel 6 Pro Promotional credit not honored
dfreds
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought my Pixel 6 Pro through Google, and clicked the link during the process to start my Verizon trade-in and get the promotional credit. After a month or so, I noticed that the credit was never applied. I contacted Verizon via online chat, and the person I spoke with said that they fixed it. After another month or so, I noticed the credit was not being applied, so I contacted Verizon via chat again. The person said they fixed it. Again, another month or so passed, and I noticed that the credit was not applied. So I called Verizon and spoke with a very nice customer representative. She said the previous people didn't do anything and that she'd fix it. After 2-3 hours on the phone, she assured me that the credit was pro-rated, and will be applied going forward. The main account holder even got a message saying that the pro-rated credit was applied to the bill. A month or two later, I noticed that no credit whatsoever was applied.

Jump to a few days ago when I called Verizon again. This time, the person I spoke with said that since I bought my phone outright and didn't finance it, I am not eligible for the promotion. I did not see anything about this when I pre-ordered my phone through google, and it contradicts what the previous 3 people had told me. She said that the previous person applied the credit, but the system denied it since I'm not on a payment plan. If I had known about the payment plan requirement when I bought my phone, I wouldn't have just bought it outright. I don't remember ever seeing anything mentioning this on the promotion. So, this latest person put in a ticket to have my case reviewed by someone else.

I bought the Pixel 6 pro and did the trade-in as required by the promotion, but now I'm having to go through all of this with the potential that I won't even get the credit. I feel like I'm getting the run-around and it's quite frustrating. Did anyone else do what I did when ordering their phones? Did you receive the credit? Let me know your experience. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pixel 6 Pro Promotional credit not honored
dfreds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update - I contacted Verizon's community customer service reps and they took care of this VERY quickly. Great customer service! 

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get any promotion you qualify for. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
dfreds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Melissa. How do I get in touch with you?

0 Likes
dfreds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello. Just following up. How do I send you a private note?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You can reach out to us via private message. Please check your messages. 

-Amber

0 Likes
dfreds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update - I contacted Verizon's community customer service reps and they took care of this VERY quickly. Great customer service! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so glad to hear everything went good. We are always here if you need us. 

-Amber

0 Likes